PALOALTO announced the release of Prisma Access 2.0 to securely enable work-from-anywhere with the industry’s most complete cloud-delivered security platform.
Prisma Access 2.0 introduces critical enhancements, including self-healing infrastructure for optimal experience, ML-powered security to help prevent attacks in real time, cloud SWG capabilities for a secure web gateway regardless of user location, and a reimagined cloud management experience.
Prisma Access has taken a fundamentally different approach, overcoming these limitations by protecting all application traffic not just web-based applications with complete, best-in-class security from a single cloud-delivered platform while ensuring high-performance access and optimized user experience.
The Prisma Access 2.0 release extends this vision further and resets the bar for cloud-delivered security. It does so while providing 10 times more throughput than other solutions for a faster remote access connection and 4.3 million security updates per day about 25 times more than the closest competitor to help organizations rest assured their users and data are secure.
Prisma Access 2.0 key performance, security and management enhancements include the following:
- New cloud management experience: Prisma Access 2.0 ensures the best possible security outcomes by introducing a cloud-based management experience that leapfrogs the competition by providing real-time security updates and best practices.
- New autonomous Digital Experience Management (DEM): Prisma Access 2.0 can enable a self-healing infrastructure that automatically remediates network problems, helping to ensure an exceptional digital experience for remote workers.
- New ML-powered security: Prisma Access 2.0 uses inline machine learning to prevent unknown, zero-day attacks in real time. It also uses machine learning to analyze vast amounts of telemetry data to make automated security policy recommendations improving security faster than security teams would be able to react.
- New cloud secure web gateway (SWG) capability: Palo Alto Networks has added an explicit proxy to the Prisma Access Cloud SWG so customers can easily migrate from legacy proxy-based solutions to a complete cloud-delivered security platform without the need for network architecture changes. Over time, customers can easily transition to a more secure connection method in Prisma Access that protects all apps, ports and protocols, not just web.
- CloudBlades API-based platform support: CloudBlades is a platform for third-party services integration across the SASE solution. In Prisma Access 2.0, CloudBlades enables qualified third-party security and infrastructure services to be easily integrated, with the first being RBI services from leading vendors to enable remote browser isolation.
Prisma Access 2.0 also adds powerful IoT security capabilities to help organizations protect against IoT threats without the need to deploy additional sensors or appliances; CloudBlades to simplify and streamline the integration of cloud-delivered third-party services starting with RBI services.