Cloud Security Trends 2022 !
Organizations worldwide are moving their data and applications to the cloud, but so are cybercriminals. With 2022 upon us, more and more organizations are expected to adopt hybrid or multi-cloud approaches, but are they wary of the risks they could face? Here’s a round-up of some of the pressing cloud security challenges and opportunities that organizations across sectors should prepare for in the year ahead. Predicting that more enterprises will suffer a cloud data breach in 2022 is not exactly going out on a limb.
In the past year, 36% of companies suffered a serious cloud security leak or breach due to cloud misconfiguration, according to The State of Cloud Security 2021 Report. Gartner expects that through 2023, at least 99% of cloud security failures will be the customer’s fault, mainly in the form of cloud resource misconfiguration.
Following are the predictive cloud security trends of 2022
- Focus on building visibility in the Cloud to overcome Fragmentation for improving visibility
- Data-Centric Approach for Cloud Security Based on Zero Trust
- Containers support for cloud growth and security for containers
- Optimistic Growth in Hybrid and Multi-Clouds
- Borderless Security based on a Zero-Trust Architecture
- Organizations Will Pivot Investments to Protect Business Impacting Data on Cloud
- Identity-Defined Security Strategy
- Automation Process of bringing security tooling
- DevSecOps tooling and implementing best practices to avoid log4j type threats
- SASE Framework Will Push Network Security and Access Close to Users
- SaaS Security via SaaS Security Posture management
- Addressing Risk from Third Parties and Legacy Vendors
- Attribute based access control (ABAC)