Trying to make predictions about the future is a tricky business. As per the researchers what they predicted and what is happened.. and what going to happen they elobrated
- The next level of false flag attacks
Olympic Destroyer , Death Stalker
- From ransomware to targeted ransomware
Attacks targetting mainly hospitals and universities
- New online banking and payments attack vectors
FIN7, Cobalt Groups, Silence and Magecart, as well as APT threat actors such as Lazarus.
- More infrastructure attacks and attacks against non-PC targets
Tunnel Snake, Mosaic Regressor
- Increased attacks in regions that lie along the trade routes between Asia and Europe
- Increasing sophistication of attack methods
Geo-fencing attacks or hosting malware and used for C2 communications).
- A further change of focus towards mobile attacks
- The abuse of personal information: from deep fakes to DNA leaks
Leaked/stolen personal information is being used more than ever before in up-close and personal attacks.
Turning our attention to the future, these are some of the developments that we think will take center stage in the year ahead, based on the trends we have observed this year.