Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 11 Insider test build, No. 22610, to the Dev and Beta Channels. This build includes a lot of fixes, along with a handful of new features and updates.
To enhance security SMB1 in test builds is not enabled by default. But testers who have installed SMB1 manually or upgraded from a preview Windows version where SMB1 was installed will not have SMB1 removed from the latest test builds. The latest test build adds new MDM and GPO for IT admins. These new policies can be configured locally using the group policy editor or via MEM.
New policies available in the test build
- Disable Quick Settings flyout
- Disable Notification Center and calendar flyouts
- Disable all taskbar settings
- Disable search (across Start & taskbar)
- Hide Task View from the taskbar
- Block customization of ‘Pinned’ in Start
- Hide ‘Recommended’ in Start
- Disable Start context menus
- Hide ‘All apps’ in Start
The following features/updates also have the changes
- An update to the Family Safety Widget which provides a new location-sharing view to show where those using the Family Safety app are located.
- An update that includes “an improved view” of screen time usage across apps and devices.
- The estimated battery life timing will show up in the battery icon in the system tray.
- Test build does not include the usual build watermark. The watermark will be back in a future build.
- Disables the tablet-optimized taskbar feature that Microsoft began rolling out in Build 22563.
- Build 22610 also updates the rename, properties, and optimize icons used in the context menu and command bar to improve discoverability and consistency.