Chrome Emergency !
Google has announced an emergency update for Chrome (94.0.4606.61), and in this update, it has addressed Chrome’s 11th ‘zero days’ exploit of the year. Tracked the zero-day vulnerability as CVE-2021-37973 with High severity and this zero-day vulnerability attack nearly 2.65 billion users of all platforms.
This vulnerability was being used after free in Portals API, and there is a web page navigation system in this vulnerability, that allows a page to display another page as an inset.It performs a seamless transition to a new state, and in that its formerly-inset pages convert into the top-level document.
Google has announced this emergency update after detecting the vulnerability CVE-2021-37973, and they have also patched this 11th zero-day vulnerability in the Chrome web browser.
After investigating the whole attack, they claimed that the exploitation of this vulnerability allows the threat actors to implement arbitrary code on computers running unpatched Chrome versions. But they have not yet unveiled any key details of this attack or any steps that were used by the threat actors.
Here’s the list of all zero-day vulnerabilities detected this year:-
- CVE-2021-21148 – February 4th, 2021
- CVE-2021-21166 – March 2nd, 2021
- CVE-2021-21193 – March 12th, 2021
- CVE-2021-21220 – April 13th, 2021
- CVE-2021-21224 – April 20th, 2021
- CVE-2021-30551 – June 9th, 2021
- CVE-2021-30554 – June 17th, 2021
- CVE-2021-30563 – July 15th, 2021
- CVE-2021-30632 – September 13th, 2021
- CVE-2021-30633 – September 13th, 2021